Happy December! Can you believe 2015 is almost to an end? I sure can’t! I feel like we were just celebrating last Christmas, but I’m not complaining about the season already here- it is truly my favorite time of year! In the midst of the busiest season of the year, it can sometimes be hard to focus on the meaning of the holiday when we are all caught up in the rush and hustle. Below are five ways to be aware of the Christmas cheer all season long!
1. Be in the presence of Him. The birth of Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas, so being in His grace is a great way to enjoy the significance of the holiday.
2. Go out of your way to make someone happy. Now this should be something we should do all year round, but the Christmas season makes it that more special. The past couple years I have practiced paying it forward, by paying for someone’s coffee who is in line behind me, or by simply making dinner for my family.
3. Take part in Christmas activities. Though this time of year can be hectic, you’ll enjoy the craziness more if you have specific dates planned for the season like ice skating, cooking swapping, or Yankee Swaps (my favorite!).
4. Create a new tradition. Whether it be with family or friends, having a special activity you all share together makes the season that much more enjoyable. My family and I always decorate our Christmas tree together, and my friends and I have a Secret Santa every year!
5. Be grateful. December is the last month of the year, and though the time leading up to Christmas can be fun-filled and crazy, make it a habit every day to me in a state of gratitude. This time of year, I love to look back on the year and say thank you for all the special moments that came about. It’s also a great time to start looking forward to what will come in the new year!
Thank you all for reading and support Sparkle in Gold! I hope you have a great day!